By R. Mitchell –
Evidence is piling up that a group inside the upper echelons of the intelligence community and in Congress colluded to make the whistleblower complaint against President Trump possible, even though he did nothing wrong.
Sean Davis published an article late Friday that includes undeniable evidence that the whistleblower form used to file a complaint against Trump had been changed in a manner that specifically allowed an otherwise unreportable situation to become reportable.
The brand new version of the whistleblower complaint form, which was not made public until after the transcript of Trump’s July 25 phone call with the Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky and the complaint addressed to Congress were made public, eliminates the first-hand knowledge requirement and allows employees to file whistleblower complaints even if they have zero direct knowledge of underlying evidence and only “heard about [wrongdoing] from others.”
The internal properties of the newly revised “Disclosure of Urgent Concern” form, which the intelligence community inspector general (ICIG) requires to be submitted under the Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act (ICWPA), show that the document was uploaded on September 24, 2019, at 4:25 p.m., just days before the anti-Trump complaint was declassified and released to the public. The markings on the document state that it was revised in August 2019, but no specific date of revision is disclosed.
By itself, the rule change is alarming. It certainly appears that someone with the authority to change an official government document is involved in a soft-coup against a sitting president.
But the rule change isn’t the only evidence of an anti-Trump cabal.
Adam Schiff appears to have had the whistleblower report for about a month before it was disclosed to the rest of his committee and the public.
More recently, legal experts who reviewed the complaint say that it appears to have been written by a team of lawyers, not a single, concerned government employee.
“Look at the phraseology, the endnotes, and the footnotes,” Sekulow explained. “This wasn’t drafted by this individual. This was written by a law firm. And you know what? The American people see it for what it is.
Drafting a rough timeline of these events points to a calculated hit on President Trump by a group of powerful people in the government.
- 7/25/19 – Trump has a phone conversation with Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky during which he suggests looking into the firing of a prosecutor who was investigating Hunter Biden’s questionable association with a corrupt Ukrainian gas company.
- 8/12/19 – Whistleblower complaint is filed with only hearsay evidence – something the form did not allow at this time.
- Sometime in August – Whistleblower form is modified to allow hearsay in a complaint
- 8/28/19 – Rep. Adam Schiff issues a tweet that shows he has knowledge of the complaint and may have already seen it – despite the hearsay rule change not being public yet
- 9/24/19 – New Whistleblower form with hearsay change is uploaded for use
- 9/26/19 – Whistleblower complaint is made public
The timing is a bit too convenient to be a coincidence. It leaves several questions:
- Considering the timing of the complaint and rule change, do whistleblower protections apply to the complainant?
- Considering the legal prowess exhibited in the complaint, how involved in drafting the complaint were Schiff and his staff?
- Is Adam Schiff the leader of this deep state cabal or simply a tool?
Content created by Conservative Daily News and some content syndicated through CDN is available for re-publication without charge under the Creative Commons license. Visit our syndication page for details and requirements.
Deep State: Intel Officials Changed Whistleblower Requirements to Allow Complaint Against Trump is original content from Conservative Daily News – Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust – Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.Wake up Right! Subscribe to our Morning Briefing and get the news delivered to your inbox before breakfast!